Format & Call Letters
Classic Hits - WHON 101.7 The Point FM & 930 AM
101.7 The Point plays Richmond's Greatest Classic Hits!
101.7 The Point is targeted to reach “Power Consumers” aged 25-64 who are educated, professional, and make above-average incomes!
101.7 The Point is Wayne County’s exclusive Classic Hits format spanning generations, playing the music that is the comfort food of the dial –the greatest hits from the 70’s, 80’s and more!
Artist Profile: We play Superstars like plays Superstars Madonna, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Elton John, Eurythmics, Michael Jackson, The Police, Donna Summer, Fleetwood Mac, Prince, Billy Joel, Phil Collins, Blondie, Bruce Springsteen, The Go Go’s, Bee Gees, Journey, Supertramp, Abba, U2 make this format one that will stand the test of time!
The 101.7 The Point's Classic Hits music format has grown as one of the fastest-growing formats in America over the past decade.
Classic Hits music format has also become a very popular at work choice for listeners.
101.7 The Point allows advertisers to reach a large consumer group that can’t be reached with any other station.
101.7 The Pointis designed to reach active consumers in their prime spending years.
The 101.7 The Point's Classic Hits music format continues to be one of the most top rated formats in America for advertisers.
101.7 The Point has wide demographic appeal with consumers who have purchasing power!
Age Composition: Over 75% of Classic Hits listeners in America fall into the 25-64 age group.
- Almost 30% of Classic Hits listeners in America are adults 45 to 54 years old.
- Over 25% of Classic Hits listeners in America are adults 55 to 64 years old.
- Almost 15% of Classic Hits listeners in America are adults 65+.
- Over 12% of Classic Hits listeners in America are adults 35 to 44 years old.
- Almost 10% of Classic Hits listeners are adults 25-34 years old.
Gender: Almost 55% of Classic Hits listeners in America are male while over 45% are female.
Household Income: Classic Hits listeners in America have high earning power.
- Over 30% of Classic Hits listeners in America have an income over $75,000.
- Almost 25% of Classic Hits listeners in America have an income of $50,000 -$74,999.
- Over 26% of Classic Hits listeners in America have an income of $25,000 - $49,999.
- Over 55% of Classic Hit listeners have an annual household income of over $50,000 a year.
Occupation: 101.7 The Point listeners are employed as Owners, Managers, or Professionals, employed as Tradespeople, employed in the Sales and Service industry, and are also employed as Administrators or Clerical staff.
Education: 101.7 The Point listeners are well educated.
- Over 27% are College graduates.
- Over 32% have attended community college.
- Over 34% have a high school diploma.
Investments: 101.7 The Point targets listeners who have high incomes and invest in real estate, mutual funds, stocks/bonds, retirement programs, savings accounts, etc.
Activity: The 101.7 The Point attracts listeners who actively participating in exercise and fitness, boating, biking, golfing, camping, hiking, and going to the cottage on weekends.
These listeners dine out frequently, attend local and regional sporting events and concerts.
Get your message out to thousands of potential new customers each week with 101.7 The Point.
101.7 The Point listeners are in their prime earning and spending years.
Home: 101.7 The Point targets homeowners. A huge category with these consumers is home improvement and home decorating.
Home Spending: Started or completed in the past 2 years
- Interior painting/wallpaper
- Landscaping or yard improvements
- Exterior painting/staining
- Energy conservation projects
- Floor tiles or vinyl flooring
- Installed windows or doors
- Other home projects
101.7 The Point targets listeners with purchasing power in Sonoma County.
101.7 The Point Listeners
- Purchase a wide variety of electronic devices including computers, tablets, smartphones, MP3 players, video games, HDTVs, digital video recorders (TiVo), and digital cameras.
- Are big consumers of furniture, major appliances, and automobiles.
- Purchased fine and costume jewelry, cosmetics, perfume, and skincare products.
- Enjoy going out to restaurants often every month. Over 50% go out more than 5 to 6 times a month.
- In the past year purchased men's and women's clothing, infant and children's clothing, men's and women's shoes, and accessories.
Market your business to over 20,000 active consumers each week with K-Hits.
Consumer Spending Profile
101.7 The Point attracts consumers that spent heavily in the following categories in the past year.
Many of 101.7 The Point listeners:
- Purchased books in the past year.
- Purchased garden supplies in the past year.
- Purchased flowers as a gift in the past year.
- Purchased healthcare products in the past year.
- Purchased auto maintenance in the past year.
- Purchased vacations in the past year.
- Purchased tickets to concerts and sporting events in the past year.
- Purchased pet supplies in the past year.
- Purchased small appliances in the past year.
- Purchased a vehicle in the past two years.
101.7 The Point targets listeners with retail purchasing power.
Legendary Local News
Visit our lobby and you will see numerous awards from the Indiana Broadcaster’s Association that News Director, Jeff Lane, has won for his covering and reporting of local news.
Listeners turn to our stations first for breaking news.
Our news partners include WHIO-TV in Dayton, WXIX-TV in Cincinnati, and WXIN-TV in Indianapolis.
These leaders in television news count on Jeff Lane to share his stories with their viewers.
We Are Richmond
101.7 The Point has committed to super-serving the community. The station has a strong focus on local events, issues, entertainment, civic functions, as well as, charitable causes.
We have live and local on-air personalities to entertain listeners with local happenings, events, and exciting contests!
101.7 The Point is extremely proud of its commitment to actively supports hundreds of worthwhile causes.
We take pride in being an important part of the fabric of our community so connect with Wayne County consumers using our loved brand ambassadors!
101.7 The Point FM
To Learn More How Radio Can Help
Grow Your Business Click Here